
I knew when I saw that Rev. Falwell was very sick and hospitalized today that if he died the insults and the attacks would only take a matter of moments. Sadly, I was right. I simply googled news on his death and right away found articles which gleefully jumped at the chance to ridicule and dishonor this man.
Now Tim and I both over the course of the years have always watched Rev. Falwell on tv with our fingers crossed. We'd look at each other and say "Oh No, what's he gonna say now that won't come out right?" And often that was just it. He intended well but sometimes the words just didn't come out right. We, being of like mind on MANY issues with Rev. Falwell, found it easy to forgive his verbal gaffs but others
seem all to willing to just beat him to down.
Even now you can find articles like this one Living the Scientific Life (Scientist, Interrupted): Jerry Falwell: In His Own Words: "As you probably know, Reverend Jerry Falwell died suddenly today after eating breakfast. It sounds like he died from a heart attack, although no one is quite sure yet. But isn't it interesting that Falwell was once described as having 'heart challenges'? Speaking of having heart challenges, he was a true fire-and-brimstone preacher who founded a college that presumably is trying to carry on with his proud tradition of judging others harshly. Here are a few quotes from Jerry Falwell, lest any of us forget what sort of man Jerry Falwell really was;"
It goes on to quote the Rev. Falwell on a number of "hot topics". I must say I agree with all of them but one. I could do without the "prostitute " comment. But other than that I guess I'd have to say I'm just as much a radical wacko as people considered him to be! I consider it good company.
No comments:
Post a Comment