Although he can drive me batty at times I'd like to share a little story. Collin often wakes in the middle of the night and wanders into Tim and my room and says "daddy, can I sweep wif you?"
Of course we say yes and then he cuddles up next to Tim and all is well again. Tim and I often go to bed with 2 in the bed and wake up with 4 in the bed. (Monica often climbs in too)
Anyway, the other morning I woke and got Monica and myself ready, Tim had already left for work, and headed downstairs. I left Collin behind, sleeping peacefully in our bed under a piles of covers. After a few minutes I heard his little voice calling out to me. "mommy, c' mere" "mommy, I need you" Seeing as I was getting bowls of cereal poured for the rest of the gang I felt a little irritated by his request. I trudged up the stairs and with a look of annoyance on my face I entered our room and huffed out a snippy "What Collin?" He wasn't phased. He just said "c'mere and lay down wif me mommy" I said ok and I cuddled up in the spot next to him on the bed. ( See I NEVER turn down an opportunity to lay down you know) He reached out his warm little hands and took my face in them. He looked right into my eyes with his nose almost touching mine and said "Mommy I wuv you. You're so beautiful and you're my best friend." I just told him I loved him too and marveled at how sweet he can be for no apparent reason. I TRY to remember this moment when he's doing less sweet things to his sisters or sneaking in the cabinets to search for hidden candy. But I must say - all in all he's a loving, sweet boy and I am so glad that God gave me my son!
No comments:
Post a Comment